Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Sentiment within me glows.

Music meme that's been going around. 6 random songs that I like a lot right now, most of them being songs I associate with the summer time, since it's so hot right now that I can't really do much more than sit around and listen to music.

1/ Dressy Bessy, "Just like Henry". This was used in the film But I'm A Cheerleader which I had the pleasure of watching a few nights ago. It's seriously a fucking ray of sunshine and is reminscent of high school summers.

2/ Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, "The Tracks of my Tears". Classic, never gets old. So emotional and beautiful.

3/ Elefant, "Bokkie". Sunlight Makes Me Paranoid was on repeat in my disc player for the entire summer of 03 and most of 04.

4/ Seals & Crofts, "Summer Breeze". Not embarassed about this pick at all, not in the least.

5/ Van Morrison, "Domino". Another classic, good for summer nights after you've worn out the Seals and Crofts.

6/ Red House Painters, "San Geronimo". This reminds me of a few firsts: the first summer I spent with S., the first time I saw the ocean, and the first time I went to Montauk.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?