Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The weirdness flows between us.

still from the film Buffalo 66


Some things currently circulating about my mind.

The last week I've painted my room (robin's egg blue on the walls, white trim), gone and gotten a cavity filled, gotten a prescription for antibiotics at the doctor with the lovely warning that they may cause--wait for it--DISCOLOURATION of the urine or feces, and had the trip from hell to IKEA. I had no idea that sales people actually don't want to sell you anything. These are the minor details that have filled up my days, but mostly, my mind is focused on 2 things:

1. The Vincent Gallo film Buffalo '66 which is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time (and I've watched a ton of movies this year). Some say it's difficult, some say it's pretentious, I think it's more real than anything currently coming out. And whimsical, in parts. The ending is perfect. My mind is replaying parts, on and off, dialogue, etc.

2. I really would like to go and see Henry Rollins do his spoken word thing at the Zipper Theatre in NYC sometime in March. Plans are still up in the air and undecided, but I have my fingers crossed.

3. I don't know if I'm terminally depressed, bored, or hopeless, but whatever. Moving on, I'll come through, etc, etc. I am the only one in my way.

Music: Dinosaur Jr., "Freak Scene"

Comments:
that vincent gallo movie has intrigued me for some time. i have got his cd and like it quite a bit though when i see his face and hear what he says about politics and stuff i really want to smack him in his face.

you are listening to freak scene? check out youth of america by the wipers (see my blog). a phantastic underrated album which must have paved the way for mascis and mates.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?