Thursday, December 16, 2004

I need to get out of the house.

I am seriously stressed out right now. Last year, after Christmas, I put all the decorations and lights into one efficient box, and sharpie-d the words "XMAS 2003" in big bold black letters on both sides of the box. For the better part of the year, the box sat in my office, right under the window. At some point, during the year, I must have moved the thing--and now? I. can't. find. it.

I called S. in near hysterics about not being able to find the Christmas stuff and oh god, how are we ever going to decorate the tree? and other overblown sentiments and I am afraid that I gave him a headache.

I still can't find the fucking box.

And one of my lovely, dear sweet cats just puked on my Vans shoes. It's turning out to be a stellar day.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Music: Lemon Jelly, "Elements"

EDIT: I found the box! It was mysteriously concealed within ANOTHER box and with a heavy wood art sculpture on top of both boxes. Ahhh well.
And the twinkly blue lights still work!

Comments:
I don't like to admit this to anyone but last year's tree is still in the garage, a bit brown and worse for wear and quite horizontal but still amazingly intact. I was overjoyed at getting your christmas card and have been trying to find the best way to express my overjoyedness. cats are worth the puke. merry christmas!


-d
 
happy christmas to you, too. :)
I agree that cats are worth the puke, but it's a little much when I'm scraping it off my shoes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?