Monday, November 15, 2004

I put my feet up on the coffee table, I stay up late watching cable.





Strangeness all around, lately.

Friday: I sat in the car in a dark empty parking lot with cold rain pouring down over the windows listening to bad alternative radio while S. went to the wake of an acquaintance's wife.

Saturday: nothing too weird. I ate ribs and walked 3 miles.

Sunday: the kindly old pharmacist took $15 off my order cos my new health card info hasn't gone through.

Today: Reminded me why I never pick up the phone and wait for the answering machine, usually. A telemarketer was soliciting free burial/memorial space for married couples, and sounded very pissed that I wouldn't take her up on the offer. What the fuck?

Oh well. I'm here, alternating listening to the Rolling Stones Let it Bleed (classic! yeah) and Sun Kil Moon's Ghosts of the Great Highway. Both very good. Both matching this odd state of mind that I find myself in.

Comments:
Strangely, there's something other-wordly about that pumpkin patch pic. I like it for the sense of alienation and an army of gourds forgotten.

~stan
 
youve seen the sky, i see. isnt it something. i dont know what it does to me but it's painful.

d
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?