Saturday, October 23, 2004

Get me away from here, I'm dying.

Last night, while sitting in a crappy movie theater that obviously hadn't been updated since the 1950s (not very well preserved), watching I <3 Huckabees, I realized that I still stick by my theory that people should really read a movie review of the film they're going to see before they go and drop the requisite $9 on it. Two people walked out during the middle of the film (I'd seen this happen at another movie theater once at a viewing of Monster) and once the end credits started rolling, a man 2 rows behind us said in disgust, "Well, that was STUPID." While not being a perfect film by any means, I <3 Huckabees had a couple of great ideas/moments contained in it, and is far from what I would call stupid. Anyways. This whole walking out in the middle of a movie thing is something I've only ever seen happen in theaters in this geographical area. I wish people would open their minds a little bit more, but that's asking too much.

Today it was so cold I wore a laplander (bright orange, with a pom-pom on top). A laplander! In October! I thought it was supposed to be warmer in LI than in Southern Ontario. I've also come to the conclusion that you can't call yourself a thrift store if you're selling $200 sweatshirts. Only in the Hamptons people, only in the Hamptons.

Music: Belle & Sebastian, "Me and the Major"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?